Skip to main content

Slimming World - Fresh Start

Following on from my 2017 Goals post I decided to write about my fresh start at Slimming World.

As I said I joined Slimming World in December of 2015 and for the first few months I really enjoyed having a new project to focus my time and energy on. However, I do think I went about it the wrong way - in the beginning I restricted what I ate so much that I barely ate anything that was not completely free on the plan and barely used any syns - and even though back then I had great weight losses and was very happy with how I looked, there came a day where I cracked and ended up eating anything and everything that was bad for me.

Because I restricted myself to so much from eating the things that I enjoyed i just broke and ever since then I never really looked at the plan the same way - I was never very committed to it after that.

I really believe that having the 6 weeks away from the plan and allowing myself to miss then plan and miss eating the healthy foods that I used to, I now want to go back and I am very motivated this time around.

What will be different this time around?

1. I want to make the time to stay to class every single week - this is where the magic of Slimming World happens. The group is where you find the motivation to face up to the crap week you had and have the fresh start. Having a rubbish week and not staying to class just makes you think that you can pretend that it never happened and you don't get that fresh start to move on and have a better week.

2. Celebrate the small successes - I used to beat myself up for only losing 1/2 pounds and pounds, I never saw them and actual weight losses. Which is so stupid looking back. A loss is a loss and should be celebrated no matter how small or how big it is.

3. Balance - I don't want to restrict myself like I did when I first started - I was miserable. I avoided food and being around food for the fear that I would cave and binge on the foods which would result in a small weight lose/gain and then I would beat myself up so bad that it just wasn't fun anymore. I want to use my syns up and be more in control that I was back then.

So this coming Thursday i will be going in and sitting for the Welcome Chat and get my new books and the fresh start that I think will be really good for me. 

Lets hope that writing a post every night after weigh in will motivate me to be better? I mean who wants to write a post every week saying they gained yet again? I want to come on here and write how good a weight loss I've gotten.

I'm motivated so lets go!

Thanks For Reading,

Stef x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum

Recently I have been trying a lot of night serums to try and improve the texture of my skin – I am glad to have found the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. I haven’t really ever had the best textured skin, now that I wear make-up on a daily basis I notice the areas that are not the best even more. My make-up will stick to those areas or the texture pushes the make-up up over the area – this makes it even more noticeable to me. One night I took my make-up off and got really frustrated with my bad skin and took to google to find a product that would help me – the one that kept popping up and had good reviews was the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. I quickly bought the product and as soon as it arrived I tried it out… needless to say I was not disappointed. I used this product   each night and it just blurs any bad texture areas, it makes my skin feel so soft which is what I look for from many of my skincare products. As this product blurs the texture it makes my make-up sit

Slimming World - Week 2

My first week back at Slimming World and I would say that it was a complete success! 99% of the time I was on plan with just one day where a Nandos may have happened!  It paid off! My first weigh in and I lost 2.5lbs! I am delighted, it just goes to show you that if you stick to it then it pays off and you will see the results that you want. If I lose 2.5lbs every week I will be one happy girl! Lets hope this week I am just as determined as I was last week! Start Weight - 12Stone 12.5lbs Current Weight - 12Stone 10lbs To Target - 1 Stone 10lbs Thanks, Stef x