Skip to main content

Colour Pop Matte Lipsticks



I recently found a website that you can purchase Colourpop lipsticks from! I find that in the UK they are pretty hard to get your hands on.

The major issue i have with buying make-up (lipsticks in particular) online is that you never truly know what the colour is going to look like. Even after looking through and watching countless swatch videos on YouTube - you just never know what they will look like until they arrive.

There were countless shades that i loved and wanted but i restricted myself to buying only two. 

I got the shades 'Scrooge' and 'Donut' on the website i felt that these shades definitely were different looking on the website. 

Scrooge looked like a pinky red colour and when i put it on my lips its more of a dark purple colour - perfect for the autumnal weather Scotland has got at the moment. This one i am happy with the colour and feel like i would wear it during this time of the year.



Donut look like this really lovely pinky nude colour. I had been looking for nice nude colour that would be perfect for every day wear. When it came its a very patchy pink colour. I tried it just on my bare lips when they first came as i was so excited to try them. Donut went on very patchy and doesn't even dry even. I thought putting a base of lip balm might help it even out but that doesn't even seem to work :/ its a little frustrating. 



Scrooge goes on so lovely and dries completely even. So I am a bit stumped as to why this is as they are the same formula. 

The right is Donut and the left is Scrooge


The formula is very different from liquid lipsticks such as the Kylie ones or even Kat Von D - they are very runny and i don't think they go on as smoothly as the others. You most probably need a lip liner as they very easily bleed onto the outside of the lip.

In my opinion i would stick to the darker colours as from reading at lot of reviews they seem to go on easier and look nicer.

To be completely honest i am disappointed - i had heard a lot of good stuff about these lipsticks but i think i will stick to the Kat Von D ones as i know they are amazing!

Thanks For Reading

Stef x

Comments

  1. These look amaze !! <3
    tallulah-rose-blogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum

Recently I have been trying a lot of night serums to try and improve the texture of my skin – I am glad to have found the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. I haven’t really ever had the best textured skin, now that I wear make-up on a daily basis I notice the areas that are not the best even more. My make-up will stick to those areas or the texture pushes the make-up up over the area – this makes it even more noticeable to me. One night I took my make-up off and got really frustrated with my bad skin and took to google to find a product that would help me – the one that kept popping up and had good reviews was the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. I quickly bought the product and as soon as it arrived I tried it out… needless to say I was not disappointed. I used this product   each night and it just blurs any bad texture areas, it makes my skin feel so soft which is what I look for from many of my skincare products. As this product blurs the texture it makes my make-up sit

Slimming World - Week 2

My first week back at Slimming World and I would say that it was a complete success! 99% of the time I was on plan with just one day where a Nandos may have happened!  It paid off! My first weigh in and I lost 2.5lbs! I am delighted, it just goes to show you that if you stick to it then it pays off and you will see the results that you want. If I lose 2.5lbs every week I will be one happy girl! Lets hope this week I am just as determined as I was last week! Start Weight - 12Stone 12.5lbs Current Weight - 12Stone 10lbs To Target - 1 Stone 10lbs Thanks, Stef x

Slimming World - Fresh Start

Following on from my 2017 Goals post I decided to write about my fresh start at Slimming World. As I said I joined Slimming World in December of 2015 and for the first few months I really enjoyed having a new project to focus my time and energy on. However, I do think I went about it the wrong way - in the beginning I restricted what I ate so much that I barely ate anything that was not completely free on the plan and barely used any syns - and even though back then I had great weight losses and was very happy with how I looked, there came a day where I cracked and ended up eating anything and everything that was bad for me. Because I restricted myself to so much from eating the things that I enjoyed i just broke and ever since then I never really looked at the plan the same way - I was never very committed to it after that. I really believe that having the 6 weeks away from the plan and allowing myself to miss then plan and miss eating the healthy foods that I used to, I