Skip to main content

CW's Reign

I have been obsessed with Reign since it aired in 2013 and have watched it religiously since. Whenever i explain to my friends the plot of Reign they always think it sounds so boring because its about Scottish history and set in 1557 which they don't think sounds appealing- but i definitely do not give it just when i explain the story line.



I will give it another go on here - the first season focus's on Queen Mary (the beautiful Australian actress Adelaide Kane) going to French Court in 1557 to be married to Prince Francis (played by the handsome English actor Toby Regbo). Throughout the first season they have many obstacles to face to form their marriage which is mostly down to Queen Catherine - Francis's Mother - After hearing a prediction that Francis will die if he marries Mary, Catherine throws everything she has at them both to stop the wedding.
.
After Catherine confides in Mary about the prophecy she pushes Francis away thinking its the best thing for him to keep him safe - and decides to start things with Bash (Francis's half brother!) But he is so gorgeous that i don't think that anyone could really blame her. Heartbroken by Mary, Francis runs away to Paris to drown his sorrows and to forget about her, while he's in Paris he runs in to Lola - one of Mary's lady's in waiting (and best friend since the age of like 5) and sleeps with her! He was obviously overcome with grief at losing Mary and wants to spite her.



While Francis is in Paris and Mary is about to marry Bash, Queen Catherine receives another prophecy this time showing that Francis does not die if he ends up marrying Mary and they are happy with each other! So much drama! Mary still loves Francis and does not want to be without him, finds out about Francis and Lola's hot night in Paris and better yet finds out Lola is pregnant with Francis's baby! Mary is beyond upset and angry because she is struggling to conceive and air for France and Scotland :(


While the whole castle is dealing with their own drama and heart ache its made even worse by the mad kind - King Henry. He is slowly going crazy and makes the whole castle do strange things which they cannot say no too - he is their King after all. In the season Finale 'Slaughter of the Innocence', Mary and Catherine plot to over throw the mad King however this attempt fails and they are left wondering what to do. King Henry is jealous of Mary over wearing the English coat of arms to the joust and participates himself! Francis secretly switches into the opponents joust costume and fatally wounds King Henry which leads to his death!

That is short overview of the first season which is 22 episodes long so a lot to fit into a blog! I suggest if you are looking for something with a lot of twists and dramas that you watch the CW's Reign. I am currently watching season two and it just gets better every single week and cannot wait for the next episode to air as they always leave you with a cliffhanger waiting for the next episode to air.



Thanks for reading,
Love Stef x

Twitter - https://twitter.com/StefHope

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of this show! I don't watch much TV anymore, but it's always good to know of good shows. Never too late to start watching.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. This TV show is definitely the one to watch.. so much drama i love it and hope you do too :) Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum

Recently I have been trying a lot of night serums to try and improve the texture of my skin – I am glad to have found the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. I haven’t really ever had the best textured skin, now that I wear make-up on a daily basis I notice the areas that are not the best even more. My make-up will stick to those areas or the texture pushes the make-up up over the area – this makes it even more noticeable to me. One night I took my make-up off and got really frustrated with my bad skin and took to google to find a product that would help me – the one that kept popping up and had good reviews was the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. I quickly bought the product and as soon as it arrived I tried it out… needless to say I was not disappointed. I used this product   each night and it just blurs any bad texture areas, it makes my skin feel so soft which is what I look for from many of my skincare products. As this product blurs the texture it makes my make-up sit

Slimming World - Week 2

My first week back at Slimming World and I would say that it was a complete success! 99% of the time I was on plan with just one day where a Nandos may have happened!  It paid off! My first weigh in and I lost 2.5lbs! I am delighted, it just goes to show you that if you stick to it then it pays off and you will see the results that you want. If I lose 2.5lbs every week I will be one happy girl! Lets hope this week I am just as determined as I was last week! Start Weight - 12Stone 12.5lbs Current Weight - 12Stone 10lbs To Target - 1 Stone 10lbs Thanks, Stef x

Slimming World - Fresh Start

Following on from my 2017 Goals post I decided to write about my fresh start at Slimming World. As I said I joined Slimming World in December of 2015 and for the first few months I really enjoyed having a new project to focus my time and energy on. However, I do think I went about it the wrong way - in the beginning I restricted what I ate so much that I barely ate anything that was not completely free on the plan and barely used any syns - and even though back then I had great weight losses and was very happy with how I looked, there came a day where I cracked and ended up eating anything and everything that was bad for me. Because I restricted myself to so much from eating the things that I enjoyed i just broke and ever since then I never really looked at the plan the same way - I was never very committed to it after that. I really believe that having the 6 weeks away from the plan and allowing myself to miss then plan and miss eating the healthy foods that I used to, I